Turmeric and Your Health
Wondering about Turmeric and your health? Turmeric is one powerful herb that’s currently taking the health and medical field by storm. With the multitude of scientific research available, current knowledge on turmeric’s potential in treating a wide array of conditions is almost unbelievable!
Turmeric has been used for centuries in Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine to ease pain, balance irregularities, and treat a myriad of infirmities. Today, modern science has uncovered turmeric’s amazing role in preventing and treating various chronic diseases that lead to cancer and even death.
This golden-yellow rhizome, known scientifically as Curcuma longa, is ginger’s power-packed cousin. Initially used as a spice brought to the Western world, it has now been widely studied over the past several years for its therapeutic potential. Turmeric’s properties are mainly ascribed to its bright yellow bio-active pigment called curcumin. Classified as a flavonoid, curcumin has surprisingly shown various actions in interrupting and inhibiting certain disease processes. To date, there are over 7,000 peer-reviewed published scientific studies documenting curcumin’s efficacy, demonstrating astounding potential in the prevention, treatment and cure of various health conditions. Here are just some of the health benefits that turmeric and curcumin can offer:
• Its antioxidant activity is a phenomenal tool in the prevention and treatment of cellular damage, liver dysfunction, age-related conditions and a wide array of cancers.
• Curcumin is the king of anti-inflammatory substances, and its potent anti-inflammatory property rivals that of current drugs. It has been found to be crucial in preventing cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, and many other chronic diseases involving inflammation.
• It plays a role in the treatment of diabetes by lowering blood glucose levels. Amazingly, it has also been found to be more potent than the anti-diabetic drug Metformin.
• It protects against heart disease, lowers cholesterol levels, and prevents plaque from forming in blood vessels.
• It improves brain function, eases depression, and lowers the risk for other brain diseases.
• It has vigorous anti-viral, anti-fungal, and antibacterial activities, and can be used to combat infections and support the immune system.
• It can kill tumors and various forms of cancer via a multitude of powerful mechanisms, such as apoptosis, tumor suppression, and inhibition of metastasis. It enhances the potency of treatment when added to conventional cancer chemotherapy.
Overall when it comes to turmeric and your health, turmeric’s health benefits can seem just too good to be true. Yet hard science and years of vast research has proven its capability as a remedy to almost all diseases that affect mankind.
Turmeric is the closest we can get to a miracle cure-all, and its extraordinary, almost unbelievable, health benefits can skyrocket today’s treatment options to the next level.
If you want to optimize your health, prevent disease, increase your lifespan, or even stop a disease process in its tracks, organic turmeric may just be the answer. We invite you to open yourself up to the powerful possibilities that this golden miracle herb can do for you!